Sunday, September 13, 2009

Pretty Pretty Plumerias!

I know all you Idahites will snicker when I talk about how I can tell that the seasons are changing, but snicker away. There are some subltle changes here in California.


How I love our Plumerias! You know it's summer when they are in full bloom and the smell is heavenly! These blossoms will eventually fall off as cooler weather approaches and then we wait the long winter for spring and more plumerias to pop out! Even the big green leaves fall off and all we are left with is sticks.


These solid white ones with just a touch of yellow are in a pot on our front porch.


These white ones - quite similar to the ones above except with a lot more yellow - smell the best! This tree is the best one for kids to take the blooms off of to wear in their hair. Lots and lots of flowers on this one. This one sits in the back yard in a very large pot.


Look at these! I think they are called Rainbow ones, or something like that. Also in the back yard, but out close to the tangerine tree. This is the best year we've had with this tree.


Now these are really something!!
When we went to Hawaii last year we brought home two plumeria's from the swap meet. One of them withered up and died and one of them didn't. I don't even remember what color the other tree was. Trouble is, we really really wanted the dark colored burgundy one the most but had no idea which one made it so it has been a long year, wondering if it was going to bloom this year or wait another year (it didn't last year).
We were so pleased when these blossoms peeked through!



The blossoms look a little reddish here compared to their true color. They are a deep deep burgundy and sit in a pot that is on the fire pit in the back yard.

And last but not least.
We are making a few changes. The paint color and floor moulding go into the living room itself. I guess we need to re-name the room, as the "green room" doesn't fit anymore.









2 comments:

  1. Oh, I just love the flowers!! I bet you enjoy those so very much! I would love for that to become a hobby of mine one day. And I LOVE making changes to the home. Looks like that is going to be lovely as well! Love the updates, keep them coming mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I can just smell those flowers looking at your post! They smell delicious! Have you ever seen anything so beautiful??!! I love your room too - great color!

    ReplyDelete