Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas 2009

It has been 3 months since I have been on this blog site. I have another blog that tells what I have been doing over the last three months. A three months that I am glad is over. A three months that I have learned, grown, and received much however. A three months that, in the end, I have so much to be thankful for. It is in this three months that I was diagnosed with a squamous cell cancer, received treatment for and am now in recovery mode.

I have so many more wonderful things happening in my life though. I want to talk about them.

Many many years ago I began to realize how hard it was going to be to get everyone together on Christmas for a family celebration. I wanted all my kids and grandkids and sister and her kids to be able to get together and not have to "share" them with anyone else.

So, it has worked out that usually the Sunday before Christmas we have our Family Christmas Party. Then, on Christmas Day, when everyone needs to visit in-laws, etc., it is working out that Gramma and Grampa drop by and give presents to Grandkids, visit for about an hour, and then everyone is off to the other places they need to go. So far, so good!

Below are a few pictures from our Family Christmas Celebration gathering held on
20 December.

Don't know what it was that Dave was being congratulated for, but it looks like it was pretty good. And Mitsi, it looks like Baby "K" is beginning to make his/her presence obvious. (We are all so excited!)


Daddy Eric explaining to Ethan to be patient until he shows him how his toy works. (Get used to it Ethan!)


Danny, Ellen and Mitsi giggling about something....



If you ever find yourself in a bad mood, take a look at this pic of little Miss Lilly. Bad mood GONE!

Don't know what Dave and Lilly are talking about, but both seem very excited about it!


Beck's turn to open his present while most everyone watches.
Love it when the family gets together. Give thanks for mine every single night.





1 comment:

  1. Hooray! Hooray!!!! We read and re-read that 3 times, staring at the pictures. Everyone is so happy! The picture of Lilly is to DIE for!! Thank you for posting! Fo'ou called this morning, "Beth! Hurry! Mom posted!!"

    ReplyDelete